April 26, 2011

How to Hard Boil an Egg and Egg Salad Recipe

Pin It
Am I the only adult who doesn't know how to hard boil an Egg?  Probably.  But just in case you don't know how I'll post here how I did it today.  As I often do I went to Google to find the best answer and came across these instructions.

All you need are Eggs and Water to make this tasty treat!


My 3 year old decided that the proper number of Eggs would be 7.  So we added them into a pot.and  filled it with cold water, making sure the Eggs were covered by an inch of water.

We set the heat to High and let the water get to a good hard rolling Boil.  Then we reduced the heat to Medium and let it Boil another ten minutes.

Then we poured out the hot water and instantly started filling the pot with Cold water to stop the cooking.  I ran several batches of cold water over the eggs and then let them sit in cold water for another ten minutes for good measure.


One of my Eggs cracked during the Boiling process.  But other than that they look lovely!

Here is a look inside the first Egg.  Doesn't it look great?  No creepy green ring around the edges.  Phew!

I let my daughter decorate the Eggs before I peeled them.  So colorful.

Here are my eggs all cut up and ready to be added into my Egg Salad.

I removed half of the Yolks to cut the calories a bit.  I used about 2 1/2 TBSP of the Mayo, 1 TBSP of the Mustard, 2 pickles slices, and a little Salt & Pepper to make a very tasty Egg Salad.  It turned out great.


Approximately 4 servings

Calories 126
Carbs 1
Fat 11
Protein 8

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment